- Heilig, J. V., & Jez, S. J. (2010). Teach for America: A review of the evidence [policy brief]. Boulder and Tempe: Education and the Public Interest Center and Education Policy Research Unit. Retrieved March 13, 2012 from http://nepc.colorado.edu/publication/teach-for-america
- “Teach for America and the Future of Education in the US,” Special Article Series, Critical Education, Philip E. Kovacs and Kathleen deMarrais, eds., 2013. http://ojs.library.ubc.ca/index.php/criticaled/announcement/view/182239
- Veltri, B. T. (2010). Learning on other people’s children: Becoming a Teach for America teacher. Charlotte: Information Age Publishing.
- Ronfeldt, M., Loeb, S., & Wyckoff, J. (2013). How teacher turnover harms student achievement.American Educational Research Journal, 50(1), 4-36.
- National Academy of Education. (2009). Teacher quality [Education policy white paper]. Washington, DC: Author.
Buras, Kristen (in conjunction with the Urban South Grassroots Research Collaborative). “New Orleans Education Reform: A Guide for Cities or a Warning for Communities? (Grassroots Lessons Learned 2005-2012)” Berkeley Review of Education 4 (1), 2013. ucbgse_bre_16124. http://www.escholarship.org/uc/item/3dd2726h.
Buras, Kristen, Jim Randels, Kalamu ya Salaam, and Students at the Center. Pedagogy, Policy and the Privatized City: Stories of Dispossession and Defiance in New Orleans. New York: Columbia Teachers College Press, 2010.
Carr, Sarah. Hope Against Hope: Three Schools, One City, and the Struggle to Educate America’s Children. New York: Bloomsbury, 2013.
Gabbard, David and Kenneth Saltman. Education as Enforcement: the Militarization and Corporatization of Schools. 2nd Edition. Routledge 2010.
Giroux, Henri. America’s Education Deficit and the War on Youth: Reform Beyond Electoral Politics. Monthly Review Press, 2013.
Lack, Brian. “No Excuses: A Critique of the Knowledge Is Power Program (KIPP) within Charter Schools in the USA.” Journal for Critical Education Policy Studies 7.2 (2009): 127-153.
Lipman, Pauline. The New Political Economy of Urban Education: Neoliberalism, Race, and the Right to the City. New York: Routledge, 2011.
Nolan, Kathleen. Police in the Hallways: Discipline in an Urban High School. University of Minnesota Press, 2011.
Ravitch, Diane. Reign of Error: The Hoax of the Privatization Movement and the Danger to America’s Public Schools. New York: Knopf, 2013.
Veltri, B.T. & Singh, N. (in press). “A Tale of Two Countries: Teach For America/Teach For India as Globalized EducationalReform ‘For The Public Good?” World Education Culture Congress Proceedings.
Veltri,B. T. (July, 2008). Teaching or Service? The site-based realities of Teach For America Teachers in Poor Urban Schools. Education and Urban Society, 40 (5) Thousand Oaks, California: CorwinPress.